This program/service is temporarily
unavailable. We apologize
for any inconvenience. In
the interim, you are welcome to
schedule a Wellness Coaching session to address general nutrition
image concerns. Please
Wellness Center at 713-348-5194 to schedule an appointment. Books, CDs and DVDs on
body image are also available to rent for free from the Wellness Center Lending Library.
The Wellness Center's Registered Dietitian is available for free nutrition consultations for all current undergraduate and graduate students. The Dietitian provides dietary education and medical nutrition therapy for all Rice students focusing on nutrition for a healthy lifestyle, as well as specific physical conditions and athletic training.
Sessions are offered for individuals by appointment.
- Your first appointment will be a one-hour assessment, where goals will be identified and a plan worked out. Follow-ups as needed.
- Students will learn how to plan their meals and control portion sizes so that an optimum level of nutrition and energy can be obtained.
- Sessions can provide counseling and referral for clients identified by a nurse, physician, or psychologist as needing individual nutritional counseling for a specific health concern.
- Athletes and fitness enthusiasts are encouraged to discuss concerns that affect their performance and how nutrition can optimize their goals.
- Students may check out educational materials and books (including cookbooks) from the Wellness Center for further reading.