Looking to get control of your time? Do you procrastinate too
Join us for 'Obligation Overload', a new time/commitment
management series exploring issues directly aimed at Rice students
and the Rice academic experience. These hour interactive sessions put on by the Wellness Center explore procrastination, prioritizing, learning to say "no", and achieving balance. While sessions are open to both graduate and undergraduate students, freshmen and transfer students are highly encouraged to attend to help ease the transition to Rice.
Spring 2013 Dates
Obligation Overload is teaming up with your Rice Health Advisors to bring this program to your college!
Is your college not listed but you want to host a session? Contact Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org!
1) Tuesday, January 15th at 8:30 pm, Duncan College PDR
2) Wednesday, February 6th at 8:30 pm, Rice Village Apartments Commons
3) Thursday, February 7th at 7:00 pm, Wiess College (hosted in Wiess Classroom next to RUPD)
4) Wednesday, March 6h at 6:00 pm, Hanszen College
To sign up for a date, please visit: https://signup.rice.edu/obligationoverload/
Tools to Minimize Online Distractions
- Freedom - block all internet access for set periods of time
- Cold Turkey - block access to distracting sites - for Windows OS only
- Vitamin R - hide applications, use a time, set goals (free to try, but then a fee applies)
- Concentrate - block sites, allow sites, launch and quit applications (free to try, but then a fee applies)
- Rescue Time - schedule, track your time